PensionLitigationData.com is proud to debut a new study about pension litigation statistics for plan sponsors, their service providers, legal counsel and policy-makers, respectively.
Based on over 2,400 ERISA cases filed between January 1, 2005 and August 31, 2008, ERISA Litigation Study is a statistical overview of pension lawsuits by category, court and case disposition.
The study’s findings include the following:
* ERISA lawsuits are increasing in number and complexity in terms of combinations of allegations.
* Nearly every case in the PensionLitigationData.com database is categorized as including an allegation of fiduciary breach.
* ERISA litigation volume was highest for the 2nd, 3rd and 6th federal circuit courts.
* A majority of ERISA-related lawsuits settled out of court.
* Numerous cases examined reflect an ERISA Section 502 claim. (ERISA Section 502 relates to civil enforcements.)
* Some legal venues favored plaintiffs in terms of the reported outcome.
To download the study, click here.